IWA Awards to be celebrated at World Water Congress and Exhibition in Tokyo
IWA Awards to be celebrated at World Water Congress & Exhibition in Tokyo
The Hague, Netherlands, 7 Sept 2018. With 71 years heritages in bridging science and technology with other sectors, the International Water Association is committed to recognising the special contributions and achievements of its members and water sector professionals.
The IWA Awards recognize and celebrate the broad range of excellence, leadership and innovation, the invaluable contribution to key innovations in water science and management, which IWA members and network participants bring to both our Association, and the industry at large. With this celebration and official distinction, the Association encourage their role of innovation in contributing to the sustainable management of water.
Now is the time to celebrate the outstanding professionals that have been awarded by the IWA Award Committees following the respective categories: The Awards will be awarded in a special ceremonies at the upcoming IWA World Water Congress & Exhibition 2018, to be held 16-21 September 2018, in Tokyo, Japan.
We would like to congratulate the IWA Award Winners
15 September 2018 at 19.30 on, award ceremony at IWA Presidents’ Dinner
- IWA Publishing Award / Professor Damir Brdjanovic
Publication is a key activity within IWA, carried out through IWA Publishing; this award recognises significant contributions to IWA Publishing activities.
- IWA Outstanding Services Award / Professor Wolfgang Rauch, Austria
The IWA Outstanding Service Award is given for consistent and outstanding service to the Association. Awardees may be individual members, representatives of corporate members, members of editorial boards and permanent staff of the Association.
16 September 2018, Opening Ceremony IWA World Water Congress & Exhibition
- IWA Global Water Award / Professor Tony Wong
The IWA Global Water Award is awarded by a panel of experts from across the water cycle, and recognises the exceptional contribution made by an individual to improve sustainable water and sanitation globally.
- IWA Women in Water Award / Professor Akissa Bahri, Tunisia
The IWA Women in Water award acknowledges and celebrates female leadership in the field of water. The award showcases an individual’s excellence in leadership as demonstrated by outstanding initiatives, impact of work and inspiration to others.
- IWA Young Leadership Award / Jacob Kwasi Amengor, Ghana
The IWA Young Leadership Award is granted to an exceptional water professional under the age of 35 years who has demonstrated significant achievements in their career to date and who signify outstanding leadership potential, and the ability to play a large and influential role in the water industry in the future.
- IWA Professional Development Award / company Black & Veatch
The Professional Development Award recognises water sector companies that are making a significant contribution to the professional development of their employees, and through that support the attraction, development and retention of the next generation of water leaders.
17 September 2018, 19:30 – Dinner and Awards Presentation
- IWA Project Innovation Awards (PIA) including the Kiran and Pallavi Patel Grand Innovation Award 2018 presented to an outstanding example of innovation in the water sector.
This year’s PIA programme features six new categories, each recognizing a distinct aspect of water innovation. From breakthroughs in research to innovations in governance. The following are the PIA catergories:
Category: Market-changing Water Technology and Infrastructure
- Aqua-Q AB – AQUATRACK
- Carollo Engineers and City of Altamonte Springs – pureALTA
- Suez, Hengli Petro and LPEC
Category: Performance Improvement and Operational Solutions
- Anglian Water – Shop Window
- VCS Denmark – Beyond Energy Neutrality: Setting a Vision and Empowering Your Staff
- Waternet – TU Delft – Sanquin – Thermal Energy Recovery from Drinking Water: Exploitation of a Renewable Energy Source
Category: Breakthroughs in Research and Development
- Cranfield University – Nano Membrane Toilet
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, HKSAR Government Drainage Services Department, University of Cape Town and Delft University of Technology – Large-scale Study on Realization and Application of SANI Process in Sewage Treatment in Hong Kong
- Prof RD Tyagi and Research Group, INRS-ETE, Université du Québec – Bioconversion of Wastes (Wastewater sludge and Glycerol) to Biodiesel
Category: Exceptional Project Execution and Delivery
- AECOM – Building Resilience in the Philippines with Systems, Technologies and Partnerships: The USAID Be Secure Project
- Beijing Drainage Group – Beijing’s Sustainable Solution for Ecological Water Reuse – Huaifang Underground Water Reclamation Plant (HWRP)
- GHD – Birmingham Resilience Project
Category: Governance, Institutions and Social Enterprise
- AMCOW – Web-based Monitoring and Reporting System for the Water Sector in Africa
- Water Corporation – Water Recycling: Creating Benefits for Indigenous Australia
- Waterwise – Water Efficiency Strategy for the UK
Category: Smart Systems and the Digital Water Economy
- Anglian Water – Integrated Leakage and Pressure Management System
- SA Water – Smart Water Network
- Severn Trent Water – Smart Abstraction Management
Please download press release here 2018_IWA_AWARDS
For more information or interviews, please contact:
Rui Veras firstname.lastname@example.org
Marta Jimenez email@example.com
Ulrike Kelm Ulrike.Kelm@iwahq.org