The Professional Development Award recognises water sector companies that are making a significant contribution to the professional development of their employees, and through that support the attraction, development and retention of the next generation of water leaders.
IWA Professional Development Award
The International Water Association is the largest international network of water professionals working towards a water wise world, with members in more than 130 countries. Its work focuses on developing solutions for water and wastewater management. As a knowledge hub for the latest science, technology and best practice in the water sector at large, the IWA works to place water on the global political agenda and to influence best practice in regulation and policy making.
Criteria for judging
- Accessibility – Is the programme activity relevant and open for all young employees within the company
- Innovation – New ideas or initiatives that have not been implemented before
- Impact – Nominations should clearly demonstrate the impact of the programme or activity on their career, their peers and their employer
Deadline for submissions
4 June 2018
Winning candidate informed
16 September 2018
Award presented at opening ceremony of the World Water Congress & Exhibition, Tokyo
Who is eligible to nominate?
- Every employee of an IWA corporate member
What must be submitted in support for the nomination?
- An executive summary outlining the main reason for the nomination (maximum 500 words)
- Letter of Nomination (Detailed letter introducing the initiative, programme etc. and describing in detail how the initiative addresses the criteria (maximum 4 A4 pages)
- At least one letter of support including one from a YWP within the company